[arch-general] /usr is not mounted. This is not supported.

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Oct 25 14:17:31 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 25.10.2011 17:51, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
>> This is what I had in mind:
>> <https://github.com/teg/mkinitcpio/commit/76dacf8b9de9cc0409741840b1d8e449862fc846>.
>
> Just two problems:

Good points.

> 1) You overmount the initramfs' /usr for a short time. Nobody knows what
> that might lead to.

1) This was a bit of a hack, need to look into doing it right
(mounting with a "prefix").

> 2) You mount /usr in read-write mode, this will conflict with fsck.

2) We should probably fsck bouth /usr and / before mounting them in
the initramfs (doesn't really make sense to boot from a potentially
broken disk, only to fsck it afterwards with a fsck binary stored on
the disk itself...). Otherwise, we could just mount /usr ro and
remount rw in rc.sysinit.

-t