[arch-general] Programs Not Closing

Squall Lionheart headmastersquall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 12:53:18 EDT 2011

Hello,

Ever since the upgrade to KDE 4.7 several weeks ago, a lot of programs seem
to hang in the Task Manager after I close them.  They will remain for a long
time or until I open another application.  I also have an occasional
application crash when I shutdown.  Unfortunately, the crash message tells
me nothing of what program is crashing and I'm not sure if it's related.

My question for everyone is regarding the programs hanging around since it's
a regular thing and is most likely the cause of the latter.  Is this a
common thing or do I have some conflict somewhere, or a service that isn't
happy?

I run pacman -Suy almost daily and use Firefox, Thunderbird, Kopete,
Yakuake, VirtualBox, Terminal, Kwrite, and BOINC on a regular bases.  I put
my system to sleep nightly and shutdown at the end of the week.
DAEMONS=(syslog-ng dbus network !netfs crond alsa @cupsd @boinc @samba).

I hope that's enough info.

Thank you

--
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.

Headmaster Squall :: The Wired/Section-9
Close the world  txen eht nepo
$3R14L 3XP3R1M3NT$ #L41N
http://twitter.com/headmastersqual