[arch-general] [signoff] linux-3.1-2

illdred illdred at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 00:00:51 EDT 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:48:34 +0200
Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Am 25.10.2011 17:12, schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > Hi guys,
> > please signoff 3.1 series for both arches.
> >
> > Upstream
> > changes:
> > http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
> >
> > Archlinux Changes:
> > - $(uname -r) reports now the full kernel version
> > - all external modules should be installed in
> >   /lib/modules/extramodules-3.1-ARCH now
> > - disabled the old IDE subsystem,
> >   marked as deprecated for quite some time
> >   All users of the old ide hook in mkinitcpio
> >   should make the transition to pata hook now!
> > - disabled the old ACPI /proc files,
> >   marked as deprecated for quite some time,
> >   everything is available in /sys
>
> Another release, mostly identical, but I fixed the depmod on kernel
> update in nvidia, lirc, fcpcmcia and fcpci. All external module package
> maintainers in AUR/community should look at the PKGBUILD and install
> files for those to see what needs changing.

linux-3.1-2 fails to boot on my computer. Lots of error messages get printed to the console, one of which is:
note: md0_raid [255] exited with preempt_count 1

and some of the error messages mention something about scsi but fore scrolling past. then the system stops doing anything.

the root filesystem is on an mdadm raid partition and normally works.

I have these relevant kernel options in the grub boot configuration:
root=/dev/md0 rootfstype=ext4 md=0,/dev/sda7,/dev/sdc8 raid=noautodetect

downgrading to linux-3.0.7-1 lets the system boot again.

any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this are welcome.

thanks,

Fraser 'illdred' DeLisle