[arch-general] [signoff] linux-3.1-2

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Thu Oct 27 07:02:59 EDT 2011

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 27.10.2011 06:00, schrieb illdred:
> > and some of the error messages mention something about scsi but fore
> > scrolling past. then the system stops doing anything.

This may or may not be related, but I had to put

options scsi_mod max_luns=4

(4 was enough, perhaps a lower number is also sufficient)

in /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf to get it to fully recognise a USB stick with
mass storage devices on multiple LUNs. I don't have to do this on the current
[core] package.

It's also possible that this is due to hardware instead, since I run [testing]
on one machine and not on another (the stick is new). I can investigate further
tonight.

Pete.