[arch-general] coping with damaging updates

Jesse Jaara jesse.jaara at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 01:48:21 EDT 2011

> My primary desire for updates is for:
> 1.) security fixes
> 2.) bug fixes
>
> I don't need to update for new features unless its a feature I need,

Well we dont do backporting so it is FIXES+FEATURES or nothing.
Cherrypicking updates is no sollution, as soname bumps are reality.

> can clear any of the remaining suspects please do.
> mick

This particular set of problems is caused by the udev update, wich told you
everything you need to know after it had been updated.

Update frequently atleast once a week. Take care of any pacnew files and
follow the instructions on install messages.