[arch-general] Can't upgrade GCC from testing, clang requires 4.6.1

Alex Ferrando alferpal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 02:37:56 EDT 2011

With the last push of GCC in testing, I have some kind of trouble to get
pacman to update it. It seems that clang, which I'm using fro
vim-clang-complete from AUR requires a fixed version of GCC ( and LLVM,
but this now is not the my main concern) which makes me impossible to
update GCC:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: clang: requires gcc=4.6.1

So, my question now is if it is safe to rebuild clang without the fixed
version dependencie on GCC and then upgrade. Would clang break if the
GCC version is different from 4.6.1?