[arch-general] New GTK update make LibreOffice 'save' document type unreadable

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Sep 1 11:28:49 EDT 2011

On 08/31/2011 11:31 AM, Mauro Santos wrote:
>> >     The only update that looks relevant is: gtk2 (2.24.5-3 ->  2.24.6-1).
>> >  Is anyone else seeing this? If so, any idea whether this is a GTK2 bug
>> >  or a Libre bug? I'm just trying to figure out where this bug goes....
>> >

> I can confirm this, I'm using xfce and in the save as dialog the file
> type combo box (is it the right name for it?) with the file types at the
> lower right is very small and does not allow the user to decipher/read
> what is each option of the combo box.
>
> This happens when Tools>  Options>  LibreOffice>  General>  Use
> LibreOffice dialogue boxes is unchecked.

Thanks Mauro, all,

   Downgrade of gtk2 (2.24.6-1 => 2.24.5-3) fixed the problem. I'll report it
upstream and post a link. For confirming screenshots see:

Problem Seen with gtk2 2.24.6-1 [107k]
http://phoenix.rlfpllc.com/dl/img/newGTK-bug.jpg

Problem fixed after downgrade to gtk2 2.24.5-3) [27k]
http://phoenix.rlfpllc.com/dl/img/newGTK-bug-downgrade-2.24.5-3-OK.jpg

   I also confirmed I have Tools>  Options>  LibreOffice>  General>  Use
LibreOffice dialogue boxes -- unchecked.

   Additionally, I did see this behavior as well in GIMP, so it is gtk2 related.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.