[arch-general] X fails to start after editing ~/.xinitrc

Igor Mosyagin c6h10o5 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 06:29:29 EDT 2011

Hello there.

Would your system still fail with empty .xinitrc? (mv ~/.xinitrc
~/dangerous_xinitrc && touch ~/.xinitrc)
You don't need ampersand for fonts rehashing.

Is that line is only one you have in your .xinitrc?
Do you have system xinitrc? (/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc)
Is it empty?

                                                     Igor Mosyagin

                                                     cellular: +79265279171
                                                     jabber: cramur at talk.mipt.ru