[arch-general] X fails to start after editing ~/.xinitrc

Juan R. de Silva juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:40:18 EDT 2011

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 17:16:37 -0400, Shacristo wrote:

> Perhaps you should have it actually start a window manager, eg "exec
> openbox-session" or whatever your preferred wm is.

Well, I've purposely not installed any DE or WM yet. My goal at this
point is to configure default X environment with its basic window manager
and to make them using Terminus fonts.

And then, if in my case X fails to start with the bare .xinitrc file how
it would make things any better adding to the file additional commands/
instructions.