[arch-general] libtool(-multilib) and libltdl

F.Gr. francesco.groccia at poste.it
Mon Sep 12 11:05:56 EDT 2011

[2011-09-12T17:37 CEST]
Ionut Biru:

> On 09/12/2011 05:06 PM, F.Gr. wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm using Arch64. The latest updated for libtool(-multilib) and
> > libltdl breaks some software (transmission-gtk, emacs):
> >
> > "emacs: error while loading shared libraries: libltdl.so.7: cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory"
> >

> how did you managed to do this? if you update normally, you will
> have libltdl installed as a dependency of libtool

Yes, libltdl has been installed as a dependency. Have a look at the
following output:

% pacman -Qi libtool
Name           : libtool
Version        : 2.4-5
[...]
Groups         : base-devel
Depends On     : sh  libltdl=2.4  gcc=4.6.1
Required By    : imagemagick  libcanberra  libgphoto2  mpg123  redland
[...]
Architecture   : x86_64
Build Date     : gio 08 set 2011 09:12:45 CEST
[...]

% pacman -Qi libltdl
Name           : libltdl
Version        : 2.4-5
[...]
Required By    : libtool  unixodbc
[...]
Architecture   : x86_64
Build Date     : gio 08 set 2011 09:12:46 CEST
[...]

At this time, libtool-multilib isn't installed. If I try to install
libtool-multilib, the problem is the same.

Rebuild for emacs-bzr fails.

--
Congress shall never disarm any citizen unless such as are or have
been in actual rebellion.