[arch-general] ejecting after cdparanoia

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:12:47 EDT 2011

I just used cdparanoia (for the very first time) and I tried to eject
the CD by pressing the button. Nothing happens. I can eject the CD
with "eject /dev/sr0", so it's not really a big problem. I just wonder
whether this behavior is normal. I'm used to cdda2wav (from cdrtools),
and it never happened, that I recall. Note that cdparanoia ended
normally ( and successfully, BTW).  I run it with speed 1. The drive
is:

$ cdrecord dev=1,0,0 -checkdrive
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 3.00 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2010 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: '1,0,0'
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 5
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'PLEXTOR '
Identifikation : 'DVDR   PX-L890SA'
Revision       : '1.02'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE AUDIOMASTER FORCESPEED
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P
RAW/R96R LAYER_JUMP
cdrecord: Warning: Cannot read drive buffer.
cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.
~
$ pacman -Q cdparanoia
cdparanoia 10.2-3

TIA