[arch-general] ejecting after cdparanoia

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 10:34:24 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:

> And, btw., neither cdrecord nor cdda2wav are in the repos, not even in
> the AUR anymore.
>
> I guess there's a reason.

I'm sure there is, and I'm sure it's a good one for the devs. This
doesn't mean it's a good reason, which for me would be a reason
related with the quality of the software as opposed to related to the
authors' personalities.
For example, daemontools is not in the repos, whereas systemd is. I
would prefer cdrtools in the repos, but it's no big deal, as it
compiles easily and has no dependency hell. As for daemontools, I
wouldn't make use of the repos version, if there were one, as I prefer
to have it compiled statically against dietlibc. What I do hope devs
will not force me to do is to have the kitchen sink (plus a sound
server, probably) in process 1.

The point is that quality should be the major criterium...

Cheers.

Jorge