[arch-general] netcfg wlan connection renewal

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed Sep 28 16:02:46 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 08:55:30PM +0200, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Philipp Überbacher
> <hollunder at lavabit.com> wrote:
> > meanwhile and provides a CLI interface it still requires polkit. Polkit
> > requires consolekit and both mean configuration and maintenance trouble.
>
> Just a quick comment in case someone happens to read this: neither PK
> nor CK should require any configuration at all for most users (at
> least if you use a DE).

Which makes me wonder again (and so far nobody has given
me a clear answer to this, and the docs don't either):

Either

- PK (or a desktop app using it) is able to override
  lower level system security settings (in which case
  to me it's malware),
- or it relies on permissive lower level settings, in
  which case it leaves the system wide open to anything
  not using it to filter permissions.

Or maybe I'm missing a third possible scenario.

??

Ciao,

--
FA