[arch-general] netcfg wlan connection renewal

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 06:43:25 EDT 2011

Well from what I know from my days back with $certainotherdistro, PK
mounts local drives in /media and remote drives in ~/.gvfs . currently
I use mount(8) manually, since I don't use a big DE nor filebrowser
(IMO too many of them make use of stuff like this) and wouldn't make
use of this additional source of errors and level of abstraction.
I have this in my .bashrc

penmount() {
  local target="$HOME/mnt"
  if [[ $1 == -u ]]; then
    if ! mount | grep -q "$target"; then
      echo "Error: ${target/$HOME/~} not mounted" >&2
      return 1
    fi
    sudo umount "$target"
  else
    if mount | grep -q "$target"; then
      echo "Error: ${target/$HOME/~} is already mounted" >&2
      return 1
    fi
    sudo mount -o uid=$UID,gid=$UID "$1" "$target"
  fi
}

cheers!
mar77i