[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] gnome 3.2 in testing

Matthew Monaco dgbaley27 at 0x01b.net
Fri Sep 30 14:35:24 EDT 2011

On 09/28/2011 01:41 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
> Hi,
>
> take for a spin gnome 3.2 from testing and report any packaging bugs to our
> tracker.
>
> TUs, check your packages and rebuild for eventually soname bumps(e.g
> evolution-data-server).
>
> NVIDIA users be aware that xorg-server 1.11 from testing is incompatible with
> the current nvidia driver, even with IgnoreABI. You can switch to nouveau or add
> xf86-input-evdev xf86-input-synaptics xorg-server-common xorg-server to Ignorepkg.

Anyone have solutions for these?:

My two most annoying problems right now are

   1) The font of gnome-panel is much too dark, I can't read the window
      list or clock unless my mouse is hovering.

   2) My screen keeps being shut off after about 10 minutes (power-manager?)
      Even though I have it set to 1 hr. I wouldn't mind even disabling this
      altogether...