[arch-general] USB mounted into "wrong" directory

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 08:09:40 EDT 2012

Hello,
** Tom Gundersen [2012-04-04 13:03:19 +0200]:

> On Apr 4, 2012 11:14 AM, "David" <pixelshuck at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This is intentional. It is done by  udisks2, while udisks still uses the
>>> old location (as fast as I know).

>> Uh, is there any way to revert to old mapping?
>> I do not like the new one.

> You'd have to check with udisks. My guess is that while reverting might
> work for the time being /media is going away in the future as the old
> implementation had issues (namespace and privacy in particular).

I like idea, but the path is [too] long.

> If you have concerns about the new approach I suggest raising them
> sooner rather than later, before things become hard to change.

> Note that in most cases the location of this folder is not something the
> user sees.

It depends. I usually mount USB flash using pcmanfm, thunar or nautilus
then run krusader (doh, until now I didn't know how to mount USB sticks
using krusader) and work with the stick.

Nevermind, krusader like dolphin uses /media to mount USB sticks. So, I
assume in future releases of dolphin and krusader both will use udisks2
and therefore /run/media/USER/LABEL.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--