[arch-general] how many virtual machines

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 08:36:42 EDT 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 18:10:12 -0400
Kaiting Chen wrote:

> Yeah run each service as an unprivileged user and you should be fine. If
> security is very critical than run something like SELinux or a similar RBAC
> system.

If you don't mind compiling a kernel, grsecurity and it's accompanying
rbac or using rsbac instead are even better than SELinux.

rsbac will cost you the most time. Grsecurity's rbac has a learning
mode but won't let you selectively apply as the author sees that as a
false sense of security.

OpenBSD is my favourite option for servers but not for nfsv4. Do you
need file locking or can you use something like sftp (ssh file
transfer)?