[arch-general] how many virtual machines

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 18:37:51 EDT 2012

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 17:17:08 -0500
Nicholas MIller wrote:

> > OpenBSD is my favourite option for servers but not for nfsv4. Do you
> > need file locking or can you use something like sftp (ssh file
> > transfer)?
>
> why don't you like OpenBSD for  nfs?

OpenBSD only supports nfsv3. I don't think nfs is highly regarded
security wise so that hasn't helped it to get a great deal of attention.

> and I am fairly sure nfs is better
> suited for most of my needs right now since the system has much more
> storage than my laptop which helps as an always mountable extra space

If you want multi-users and file locking etc.. then cool otherwise I'd
personally definately use sftp/ssh. Check out sshfs.

Then you can use a public key, with top class security and no password.
Chroot and multi-level priviledge seperation takes a second too
(about 3 short config lines). It's also super slick.