[arch-general] USB mounted into "wrong" directory

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Sat Apr 7 01:04:26 EDT 2012

It would appear that on Apr 6, Guus Snijders did say:

> Op 6 apr. 2012 10:56 schreef "Martti Kühne" <mysatyre at gmail.com> het
> volgende:
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 08:10:59PM +0200, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> > >
> > > Nothing should ever require you to disable automounting. The default
> should
> > > be not to mount new devices, anything else sounds like a bug to me.
> >

> > -1
>
> I agree. If a Desktop application wants to automount devices, it's fine. Of
> course, it would be nice if the user keeps control over this.
>
> Besides the desktop environment automounting should *not* occur unless
> configured by the sysadmin.
>
> That way, everybody's happy and the system stays predictable  IMHO.

I'm glad to hear that's how the smart guys on Arch feel about it.

It has been quite some time since I had a problem with it. It's quite
possible that the faded memory was from a time before I tried Arch.

It's certain that a similar issue of some pop-up wanting to help me deal
with a CD or DVD I'd just inserted, annoyed me far more often than Thane ever
did with am inserted sub stick... But that, likewise, hasn't happened in a long
time.

Guess I was just being nervous about nothing...