[arch-general] unable to update system, pacman acting up (again!)

Madhurya Kakati mkakati2805 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:49:41 EDT 2012

Hi,
I am unable to update my system. I guess this problem has occurred to me before
but unfortunately I forgot how to get around it.

[papul at archlinux ~]$ sudo pacman -Su
Password:
:: The following packages should be upgraded first :
pacman
:: Do you want to cancel the current operation
:: and upgrade these packages now? [Y/n] y

resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
:: gcc-libs and gcc-libs-multilib are in conflict. Remove
gcc-libs-multilib? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gcc-multilib: requires gcc-libs-multilib=4.7.0-3

--
Madhurya Kakati