[arch-general] unable to update system, pacman acting up (again!)

Daniel Wallace daniel.wallace at gatech.edu
Wed Apr 11 13:00:23 EDT 2012

Supposedly this bug is fixed in the new pacman upgrade, the correct
solution would be to just say no to upgrading pacman first.  this will
solve your problem now.  The reason it wasn't working earlier was
becasue gcc was released with version 4.7.0-4 and gcc-multilib was
still providing version 4.7.0-3 so every thing was conflicting.  Since
gcc-multilib 4.7.0-4 was just released to the multilib repository,
If you still have an error where saying to to syncing pacman first
doesn't solve it, get a mirror that has synced more recently and they
do pacman -Syyu and still say no to pacman first.