[arch-general] long list of "declare -x" statements on shell login

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 06:51:10 EDT 2012

Hi,

For the past few days, I am noticing that whenever I log into a shell
terminal, I get a long list of declare statements at the login. Can anybody
tell me what they are exactly?

declare -x DISPLAY=":0"
declare -x G_BROKEN_FILENAMES="1"
declare -x HOME="/root"
declare -x LOGNAME="root"
declare -x OLDPWD
declare -x PATH="/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
declare -x PWD="/root"
declare -x SHELL="/bin/bash"
declare -x SHLVL="1"
declare -x TERM="xterm"
declare -x USER="root"

This happens with every user. Also, there was an error about no file or
directory gpg-agent.info. What does that file do? What should I do to remove
that error? I right now just created an empty file by that name and there is no
error now,  but I suspect I should do something more?

Thanks in advance

--
Jayesh Badwaik