[arch-general] Broken DBus

mlell08 mlell08 at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 15 11:22:16 EDT 2012

Hello,

I had a problem with dbus shortly. The error messagtes were of the kind
"file not found: /var/dbus/system_bus_socket" However, I use systemd (an
init replacement using parallel and on-demand loading of system
services) and have no idea whether this is somehow related.
The issue is that the socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket isn't
created. On a systemd-System this task is done by the unit dbus.socket
and my computer runs flawlessy after manually calling 'sudo systemctl
restart dbus.socket'

I donÄt know whether this is of any value to you but who knows?

Good luck!