[arch-general] findutils and locate

P .NIKOLIC p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 16 03:22:03 EDT 2012

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 23:53:21 +0100
Mauro Santos <registo.mailling at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15-04-2012 23:10, P .NIKOLIC wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 23:49:45 +0200
> > Martti Kühne <mysatyre at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > something failing on my guess would be a changed permission
> > somewhere althou i dont mess around with permissions outside of my
> > user area .
>
> Are you using locate as your user? If so, are you on the locate group?

-rwxr-sr-x 1 root locate 39512 Mar  3 05:53 /usr/bin/locate

it is running with the default as you can see  this is getting a bit
strange to say the least  think the next is going to be uninstall and
reinstall it see if that helps any incase some dep has not been picked
up automatically , The thing is there are no complaints to be seen

Ho Humm

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.3.1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 3 06:46:17 UTC 2012
x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 9600B Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux