[arch-general] archlinux-keyring & entropy

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 05:37:29 EDT 2012

I'm not sure if [1] is the official announcement, but I'd like to
point out that

# pacman-key --init
gpg: /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
gpg: Generating pacman keychain master key...

seems to hang forever unless you run 'updtedb' or something so the
entropy problem should be covered, as suggested in [2].
[2] mentions "SigLevel = Required" while [1] tells you to set
"SigLevel = PackageRequired" - I assume because the databases are not
signed yet.

[1] https://pierre-schmitz.com/verify-all-the-packages/
[2] http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-April/022785.html