[arch-general] LibreOffice crashing on Dual Screen

Vitor Garcia vitorlopesgarcia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:49:39 EDT 2012

Good afternoon,

Libreoffice started crashing when I try to start it on the display :0.1,
since the last update. I have dual screen Nvidia layout (using
proprietary driver, separate X screens and disabled Xinerama). Starting
libreoffice on display :0.0 works just fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vgarcia at cae_nb01 Desktop]$ libreoffice

(soffice:31950): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_screen_get_monitor_geometry:
assertion `monitor_num < screen_x11->n_monitors' failed

(soffice:31950): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_screen_get_monitor_geometry:
assertion `monitor_num < screen_x11->n_monitors' failed
The program 'soffice' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 923 error_code 8 request_code 62 minor_code 0)

Is anyone having the same issue?

I have checked on LibreOffice bugzilla, and there isn't anything like
that. Should I place a bug there, or could it be something that might
only happen on Arch?

By the way, does anyone know how to switch displays? I'd like my big
screen to be the :0.0, and not the smaller screen on the laptop.

Best regards,
Vitor