[arch-general] Screen locking problem in KDE

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:49:24 EDT 2012

On 04/21/2012 02:52 AM, Dmitry Korzhevin wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Please give me advice - how can i debug problem with screen locking in
> KDE? I don't find any similar problems in arch forums/mailing lists.
> This problem appeared after update.
>
> Standart Ctrl+Alt+L doesn't work, plasma applet (screen lock) doesn't
> work too.

As reported in the libreoffice thread. I experience not being able to bring
the display back to life after screen lock and monitor power-off occurs. This
is with Trinity desktop (KDE 3.5.12). This behavior just started a week or so
ago and only occurs after the screen has been locked overnight. When this
occurs, if I ssh into the box to restart it, X is consuming 100% of the CPU.
It looks like some runaway process.

I am running dual-screen with nvidia 295.33-1 & linux 3.2.13-1. The strange
thing is X taking 100% of the CPU - I haven't seen that before. I'm attempting
an update and will report back if it occurs again tonight.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.