[arch-general] Packages getting smaller?

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Fri Apr 27 20:23:50 EDT 2012

Hi,

Am 17.04.2012 03:23, schrieb Damjan:
> not any more

Well, there are quite a few upgrades (meaning a change in the upstream
version) within your showed output. The tendency for upstream releases
is to get bigger, so when updating a bunch of them (just like you did),
there is absolutely no surprise when the resulting installed size will
get bigger, too.

However I've also noticed the drop in size for some packages. I will
have to investigate this deeper, but there seem to be some (huge)
improvements coming along with the gcc release. Just another reason to
love Arch. I guess we are among the firsts who made the switch ;).

Best regards,
Karol Babioch