[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: RFC: OpenRC as init system for Arch

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:29:02 EDT 2012

On Monday 30 Apr 2012 11:30:23 Gour wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:51:42 +0100
>
> Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Heck, I save my documents as .txt for secondary backup purposes. I
> > wish I knew that when I was a teenager doing work for school at 3AM
> > and Word lost everything spectacularly well.
>
> Heh...similar lesson when I was workin on OS2 with Lotus Word Pro (or
> how it was called)...saved one day, was not able to open it next day and
> since then I said: "No more binaries documents!" and that's have we did
> embrace LaTeX/LyX etc.
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

You are very correct, master documents should always be plain text. The
generated documents can be binary however. Also, there should be a fallback
system where the plain text documents are used rather than binary documents
so that the faults in generator do not affect the bootability of the system.

--
Jayesh Badwaik
stop html mail      | always bottom-post