[arch-general] migrating crypttab to new way / luks swap problem

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Aug 1 00:44:32 EDT 2012

   I am fully up to date on testing repo. I have a laptop with encrypted
/home and swap. Both are luks. When I convert /etc/cryptab /home works
fine but swap fails at boot time with

   Unlocking of swap failed.

Legacy /etc/cryptab (works but get legacy warnings)

home           /dev/sda5               ASK
swap            /dev/sda7               ASK

New /etc/cryttab (swap fails)

home           /dev/sda5               none            luks,timeout=0
swap           /dev/sda7               none            swap,luks

Can anyone suggest how I can fix my swap line?

thanks!

gene