[arch-general] chromium crash when print dialog is invoked

Scott Weisman sweisman at pobox.com
Wed Aug 1 01:27:50 EDT 2012

I started experiencing a severe problem with Chromium recently that makes
web browsing a very tedious experience.

It took a while to narrow it down, but it seems that whenever the print
dialog is invoked, either manually (eg ctrl-P on the keyboard) or by a page
when clicking on the "printer friendly format" link, the entire browser
crashes. This happens on two separate Arch installs.

I personally would love a method to disable the printer dialog from ever
popping up anyway, since I don't even have one (so if someone can suggest a
method, I'd love to hear it), but this bug is a serious problem, as the
crash is unrecoverable. And if my session ends up with a page that invokes
the dialog on its own, I have to clear out the entire session.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can anyone suggest a solution?