[arch-general] Arch kernel

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:46:04 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:
> [2012-08-01 11:25:44 +0100] Jorge Almeida:
>> I'm trying to find out what is the Arch mainline kernel.
>
> This:
>
>         https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/linux

That's the 3.5 version, with only 2 patches. Anyway, maybe I should be
more clear about what I'm trying to do: I want to keep a customized kernel
that would be just the mainline (stable) Arch kernel, except for some
differences in the configuration. This kernel is to be updated whenever the
mainline kernel is updated (IOW, I want to keep both kernels). This means
downloading the source, applying patches  etc., and thus I need a reliable way
to know how the current stable mainline kernel was made. Briefly, a page
like your link but for the current stable.

Thanks

Jorge