[arch-general] Arch kernel

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 07:05:33 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Jesse Juhani Jaara
<jesse.jaara at gmail.com> wrote:
> ke, 2012-08-01 kello 11:46 +0100, Jorge Almeida kirjoitti:
>> That's the 3.5 version, with only 2 patches. Anyway, maybe I should be
>> more clear about what I'm trying to do: I want to keep a customized kernel
>> that would be just the mainline (stable) Arch kernel, except for some
>> differences in the configuration.
>
> Instead of building your own kernel, you might want to open a bug
> request at the bug tracker, to include the modules that are not in the
> kernel, but are needed by you.

Sure, but it's not a case of missing modules! I don't want to use a kernel
with CONFIG_GENERIC_CMOS_UPDATE=y (I'm not sure whether this could be a
module), and I'm not sure about CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS=y either. IOW, I can't
consider this a bug, it's just a feature I hate. It's not the first time I
build a kernel, as I was a Gentoo user, but I want to build and maintain one
that is so closed to mainline Arch as possible, to minimize future work.

Thanks,

Jorge