[arch-general] Wayland and Archlinux

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Aug 2 18:49:34 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Leonidas Spyropoulos
<artafinde at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any plans for eventually adopting Wayland over X?

I'm not aware of any discussions.

If I understand correctly, we won't have to make a decision either
way, we can just add support for Wayland to the various parts of the
stack as it becomes available, and people can chose for themselves.
That said, most toolkits and window managers are not yet ready for
Wayland, so at the moment it is not much point in doing this (unless
you are helping with testing/development).

-t