[arch-general] Testing archboot-2012.08-1-archboot-x86_64

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 01:49:29 EDT 2012

Alright, I've tested archlinux-2012.08-1-archboot-x86_64.iso (on virtualbox).

First time through:

Boot (non-LTS)

 notice networking section is skipped after keyboard/console font,
 decide to ignore.

 cd-rom as source

 installation finished, reboot. network daemon launches, no netcfg
 profiles present.

Second time through:

Boot (non-LTS)

  go through networking section manually after keyboard/console font

  cd-rom as source

  installation finished, reboot. netcfg profile 'eth0-ethernet'
  present, network daemon  not started, eth0 not up according to 'ip
  addr', netcfg eth0-ethernet works as expected.

Third time through:

Boot (non-LTS plus systemd suppot)

  The same process as the first time through. Additional prompt for
  whether I needed support for booting from nfs shares (selected no).

  reboot, starts through systemd, network daemon not started, eth0 down,
  no netcfg profiles present

Fourth time through:

  The same process as the second time through. Additional prompt for
  whether I needed support for booting from nfs shares (selected no).

  reboot, starts through systemd, netcfg starts, albeit after the login
  prompt is shown, trashing the appearance of the existing prompt.

To sum up:

  I consistently needed to manually choose the networking setup step in
  order for a netcfg profile to be generated, it was consistently
  skipped over as a selected choice after the keyboard/console font
  step.

  Using systemd seems to work, and netcg started automatically using the
  profile created during setup. Without systemd support, netcfg did not
  start automatically.

--
Jeremiah Dodds

github     : https://github.com/jdodds