[arch-general] [signoff] btrfs-progs

Jackson Alley toomanymirrors at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 20:56:32 EDT 2012

On 08/03/2012 08:50 PM, C Anthony Risinger wrote:
> On Aug 3, 2012 5:32 PM, "Jackson Alley" <toomanymirrors at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 08/03/2012 06:20 PM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
>>> Could you give more info. What exactly fails? What is the output?

> http://help.lockergnome.com/linux/Bug-634658-BTRFS-raid-configurations-work-box--ftopict558957.html
>>> I didn't get that. You haven't verified that what works?
>>>
>>> -t
>> Sorry, I'm just getting back from vacation and am having trouble finding
>> the time to reboot right now playing catchup. At boot it gives an error
>> about wrong fs type and doesn't mount any of the btrfs volumes. Also I
>> get an error with mkinitcpio trying to include a btrfs hook, says no
>> hook found.
> I suppose if you want a concrete solution you'll need to produce an
> accurate account of the symptoms ... you're configs mean little sans the
> necessary context to evaluate them.
>
> So what [exactly] are the symptoms here?  Capture + paste the boot logs.

That's hard to do considering /var is btrfs and networking fails without
it. The symptom is quite simple, during boot I get an error that the
wrong file system type was found on one of the /dev/sd's and to check
dmesg |tail. Logging in as root and running btrfs device scan then
remounting works so I just need to ensure that gets done before the
fstab is read. It used to be that having USEBTRFS="yes" in rc.conf did
that for me, but not anymore.