[arch-general] New dual install iso -- Where the heck is arch-setup??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Aug 4 02:17:37 EDT 2012

Guys,

  What happened to the arch setup autoinstaller script that guided you though
the install process?? It was minimal, and worked very well to guide you through.
Even helpful with raid installs after your arrays were assembled and
partitioned. Now, unless I'm completely missing something, we a back to a total
manual install with archlinux-2012.07.15-netinstall. I've looked at the basic
setup wiki and the install guide wiki and I don't see the friendly install tool
referenced anywhere. So am I missing it, or are we just back to a manual
install? (guessing where packages are /usr/bin, /usr/sbin or /sbin. On
archlinux-2012.07.15-netinstall, /usr/sbin is not in the default path, so typing
dhcpcd as instructed in the wiki -- does nothing...

  I really liked the old arch installer. It was a fairly brain-dead install that
nicely walked you though the install process with minimal keystrokes and choices
required. Is that installer on the archlinux-2012.07.15-netinstall image? If so
where?

  (This is an arch client vbox install if that makes any difference...)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.