[arch-general] Installation_Guide - fix concerning bootloader config reference

Daniel Wallace daniel.wallace at gatech.edu
Sun Aug 5 21:41:56 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 08:37:39PM -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 08/05/2012 06:10 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> > According to beginner's guide,
> > grub-install /dev/sda <cr> is the next command and
> > mk-grubconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg <cr> is the next command after
> > that.
>
> That is the whole point... The Install_Guide does not refer you to the
> Beginners_Guide, currently it refers you up several paragraphs that does no
> good. That is why I suggested a link to the Beginners_Guide.
>
> --
> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

In my opinion the beginners guide is a mess, and should be cleaned up
by pointing to the actual pages about the stuff that it is refering to
and only include a few things about outliars.  If you want to know how
to install grub2 on a new install, why go to the beginners guide when
you can go straight to the grub2 page which has much more information
about grub2 than what the beginners guide describes

--
Daniel Wallace
Archlinux Trusted User (gtmanfred)