[arch-general] Is there any project or interest for an new installer?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:29:08 EDT 2012

On 08/05/2012 03:56 PM, Jeremiah Dodds wrote:
> I've been working on fixing up AIF. I currently have basic support for
> syslinux and grub-bios working, part of my aim is getting enough of an
> understanding of AIF's current codebase to either clean it up well, or
> pull out the good parts into a mature "third system".
>
> My main personal interest concerns unattended installs. I am currently
> using AIF successfully with the latest iso releases... there is a lot of
> work that needs done on it though.

Where can I pull your current AIF from? I'll take a look at it. I'm currently
busy with TDE, but I can at least get familiar with the current AIF code to start.

It looks like the pages have all been ditched. All I can find is:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AIF_Configuration_File

and it doesn't have a link to any of the other pages... :(

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.