[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Aug 7 18:26:05 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 00:10 +0200, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Martin Zecher <mzecher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, please! Putting it in testing may solve my issues with
> > networkmanagement applet.
>
> I didn't put it in testing as I guess it needs some discussion.
> However, I committed what I have to svn so that everyone can have a
> look easily, and I uploaded the packages here:
> <https://dev.archlinux.org/~tomegun/>.
>
> This should work on both systemd and non-systemd systems. It would
> particularly be interesting to get feedback from someone using
> networkmanger to see if there are issues with the interaction there.
>
> -t

Hi I'm not running KDE, but Xfce, with

$ pacman -Qi networkmanager
Name           : networkmanager
Version        : 0.9.4.0-6
$ pacman -Qi polkit
Name           : polkit
Version        : 0.105-1

and I'm nearly Poettering-free, so no PA, no systemd, just some
libsystemd or so, regarding to dependencies.

$ sudo pacman -U polkit-0.107-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
Targets (2): js-1.8.5-3  polkit-0.107-1

*restart*

If you receive this mail, then NM still works at the moment with

$ pacman -Qi polkit
Name           : polkit
Version        : 0.107-1
URL            : http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PolicyKit
Licenses       : LGPL
Groups         : None
Provides       : None
Depends On     : glib2  pam  expat  libsystemd  js
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : accountsservice  colord  consolekit  gconf
networkmanager  polkit-gnome  polkit-qt  rtkit
                 udisks  udisks2  upower
Conflicts With : None
Replaces       : policykit
Installed Size : 1812.00 KiB
Packager       : Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no>
Architecture   : x86_64
Build Date     : Tue 07 Aug 2012 11:58:36 PM CEST
Install Date   : Wed 08 Aug 2012 12:20:46 AM CEST
Install Reason : Installed as a dependency for another package
Install Script : Yes
Description    : Application development toolkit for controlling
system-wide privileges

Hth,
Ralf