[arch-general] offlineimap + gmail : don't sync anymore

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 05:35:19 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I have a Mutt+msmtp+offlineimap set up. This has been working very
well for the past weeks.
offlineimap is croned each 3 minutes.

Since one hour, Mutt is no more receiving incoming emails. I only see
them on the gmail website or on my mobile device.
When I run $offlineimap it returns this error:

 ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
ERROR: While attempting to sync account 'Gmail'
  [ALERT] Account exceeded command or bandwidth limits. (Failure)

After some readings, it seems this is a common issue, but I couldn't
find any clear answer how to deal with it. Then, I have no idea why
suddenly one hour ago offlineimap stop syncing as I didn't received
neither sent any attached files!

Please help if someone knows how to deal.

Regards.