[arch-general] Screen Scaling Issues

Alfredo Palhares masterkorp at masterkorp.net
Wed Aug 8 16:35:53 EDT 2012

Hello Mathew,

> Sorry, I didn't see that you are using fglrx. I think there's a catalyst GUI or
> something with the overscan options. I can't help you there though because I've
> only ever used xf86-video-ati. Additionally, your monitor may have overscan
> settings.
Unfortunaly i have no choice. xf86-video-ati does not support my Ati 7750.

Thanks for your help, you pointed me to sometign i could investage.
So after some time here is the solution

aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0

As root, this persist between reboots, but not between driver upgrades (not tested myself
yet).

Another option can be adding this to your $HOME/.xprofile

aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp5,positionX:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp5,positionY:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp5,sizeX:1920
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp5,sizeY:1080

Being dfp5 the name of your devive. also adjusting the resolution of course.

--
Regards,
Alfredo Palhares