[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] syslinux 4.05-5 does not boot

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Thu Aug 9 11:34:20 EDT 2012

On 08/09/2012 11:27 AM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 09.08.2012 17:12, schrieb Jonathan:
>> In the past I have seen ext2 saves time during boot vs ext3.Having a
>> journal is no use since the files are rarely changed and the
>> filesystem is mostly opened read only. The journal takes up some
>> space. These may matter to you if you are trying to optimize boot
>> times or disk usage.
> Then use ext4 without a journal. ext2 is out of date and ext4 is
> superior in every aspect.

Ext2

Ext2 stands for second extended file system.
It was introduced in 1993. Developed by Rémy Card.
This was developed to overcome the limitation of the original ext file
system.
Ext2 does not have journaling feature.
On flash drives, usb drives, ext2 is recommended, as it doesn’t need to
do the over head of journaling.
Maximum individual file size can be from 16 GB to 2 TB
Overall ext2 file system size can be from 2 TB to 32 TB

Have a look at entry 5.