[arch-general] Something wrong with firefox/thunderbird driving X cpu usage -> 100%

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:14:20 EDT 2012

On 08/09/2012 03:56 PM, Baho Utot wrote:

> Must keep up with the I need a new version because the old one is working too
> well.
> Must find something to break
>
> Aye, the microsoft culture has finally invaded linux.

No kidding!

   In more ways than one... It's nice to know the new thunderbird only
requires about 100M more RAM than thunderbird 2.x did. Good lord! So much for
tight, well optimized code that uses minimal resources. Take a look at:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Testing:Memory_Usage_Problems

** don't forget to look under the "References" section at the end. Especially
the bug fixes that talk about correcting "massive memory usage"...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.