[arch-general] No signal on external monitor with 3.5 Kernel

Sudaraka Wijesinghe sudaraka.wijesinghe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 20:55:46 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

I have an external monitor connected to my laptop via HDMI which I use
side by side to get an extended desktop.

When I boot the system with 3.5 Kernel I don't get any signal on the
external monitor, laptop display and everything else work fine.

It works fine with 3.4.x Kernels, and I believe it's not a X problem as
it's not getting any signal even before X starts (It does with 3.4.x).

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and possibly a solution,
or is this something I need to submit upstream?

Thanks.

--

Sudaraka Wijesinghe