[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Aug 10 08:54:17 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> On 08/10/2012 08:11 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>
>> OT: Btw. it would be nice if everybody has got the choice to use or not
>> to use systemd. IMO there's no need to talk about pros and cons,
>> Poettering again and again. I suspect we use different mail clients,
>> daemons etc. too.
>>

> Sadly,  I don't think in the long run that will be possible, given that
> systemd has taken over udev and udev is now a part of systemd.
>
> In April 2012, udev's source tree was merged into systemd.

That's not a problem. We currently use udev from the sysntemd-tools
package with initsrcipts (as well as many other tools that systemd
provides), and I do not expect this to cause problems anytime soon.

The only issue I see with supporting more than one init system is that
it means more work for the packagers.

-t