[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 10 10:52:21 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 08:47 -0400, Baho Utot wrote:
> On 08/10/2012 08:11 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > OT: Btw. it would be nice if everybody has got the choice to use or not
> > to use systemd. IMO there's no need to talk about pros and cons,
> > Poettering again and again. I suspect we use different mail clients,
> > daemons etc. too.
> >

> Sadly,  I don't think in the long run that will be possible, given that
> systemd has taken over udev and udev is now a part of systemd.
>
> In April 2012, udev's source tree was merged into systemd.

At the moment it is possible :). Once systemd should work for everybody,
it would be ok to switch. I just hope there will be no switch until
systemd could cause issues. I'm very pissed about how PA was hammered in
Linux. It has broken many working systems and many people testing Linux
for the first time, directly throw Linux away, since nobody likes a
default install with broken audio. PA until today is pure crap for MOST
computer users (including those who try to switch to Linux), I don't
like to hear again and again, that it does work for most Linux users, I
even DOUBT that very much.