[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Fri Aug 10 12:02:50 EDT 2012

On 08/10/2012 11:50 AM, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
> On 10 Aug 2012 22:52, "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>> . PA until today is pure crap for MOST
>> computer users (including those who try to switch to Linux), I don't
>> like to hear again and again, that it does work for most Linux users, I
>> even DOUBT that very much.
>>
> This again? Let's paraphrase:-
> Software X sucks for most users, since I've personally read 3 million
> separate user complaints. Don't tell me I'm wrong because I know I'm not. I
> don't care that all the biggest distros use software X, their users
> obviously don't play music. Oh, and very few people actually use simple
> stereo audio chips, the majority of people use multi channel audio cards to
> listen to their YouTube.
>
> Copy, paste, on all the mailing lists I frequent.
>
> Do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds, after a while?
I don't wish to get into that particular disagreement but......

pulse audio doesn't work for me in the two boxen I have it on.
It just gets in the way and when it is removed I can set my audio just
how I want it.
With pulse it just takes over the master volume when it try to adjust
audio in an application cranking the master volume to full.
Without pulse it just works the way I like it to be. So count me as one
of the ones who doesn't like pulse audio.