[arch-general] What can be deleted, when not using systemd - was: polkit package upgrade patch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 10 19:41:16 EDT 2012

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 01:27:43 +0200, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>> When not using systemd, is it ok to delete /usr/lib/systemd completely?
>
> No, initscripts uses a lot of stuff in there.
>
>> Is it ok to replace libsystemd (or what ever is installed by
>> dependencies)
>> with a dummy-package? I'm not booted to Arch yet, so I don't know what
>> exactly is installed.
>
> No. Lots of stuff links against libsystemd.

Thank you :)

FWIW I can live with those few bytes more, it's only important that
everything still is stable and fortunately it is stable.
Apologize for the noise about Poettering, but some people and I are simply
scary that we soon or later run into serious issues at the most worse time.

Regards,
Ralf