[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Thanasis Georgiou sakisds.s at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:47:09 EDT 2012

On Aug 11, 2012 3:11 AM, "Heiko Baums" <lists@
<lists at baums-on-web.de>baums<lists at baums-on-web.de>
-on- <lists at baums-on-web.de>web.de <lists at baums-on-web.de>> wrote:
> Just to mention, you've also written that this patch you've written
> should not be used or tested in stable, productive environments. I only
> have one PC which needs to run stably and reliably. I can't run into
> danger that my data gets accidentally corrupted. And I don't trust
> systemd this much, but I trust my initscripts code. And I hadn't had
> time to set up a VM.

So you had a problem but when Tom wrote a patch you were unwilling to help
test it? The patch that was wrote to specifically address your problem? I
understand you might be low on free time but you are not a costumer.
Someone else fixed then problem you encountered and your response was to
whine. Is this how open source is supposed to work?

Lastly, are the systemd parts initscripts currently use bothering you? How
so? Because they are in a folded called 'systemd'? They seem to work
alright.

--
Thanasis Georgiou